For complete current information about membership in the Society of Broadcast Engineers, go to: www.sbe.org Let them know you will be affiliated with SBE Chapter 76.
Who are members of SBE?
Members include studio and transmitter operators and technicians, supervisors, announcer- technicians, chief engineers of commercial and educational stations, engineering vice presidents, consultants, field and sales engineers. Other members incude broadcast engineers from recording studios, schools, CCTV and CATV, production houses, corporate audio-visual departments, and other facilities.
Here's what SBE membership can do for you:
- Helps you keep pace with our rapidly changing industry through involvement in local chapter meetings, industry tours, educational seminars and workshops
- Provides exposure to a steady network of specialized professionals
- Provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information with other broadcast engineers
- Serves as a voice for you in the industry with governmental agencies and other industry groups
- Establishes standards and recognition of professional education and training for broadcast engineering
- Promotes the broadcast engineering profession to station management and federal agencies
- Each member receives The SBE Signal, a quarterly publication providing news about SBE members and activities, technical issues and FCC filings of the Society
All this adds up to keeping you at the top of your field, enhancing your value to your employer, or if you are self-employed, keeping you prepared to meet the changing needs of your clients.